Celebrate the birds of the Beaver State with the American Birding Association Field Guide to Birds of Oregon
The most comprehensive and up-to-date photographic guide devoted to the birds of Oregon:
- 474 beautiful color photographs featuring 287 bird species in natural habitats
- Clear and concise introduction, identification, habitat, and birdsong text
- Tips on when and where to see species
- Organized by type of bird from waterfowl to finches
- Where to Bird in Oregon section
- Complete state bird checklist, detailed state map, index, and quick index
Dave Irons started birding in Indiana at age six. He has authored bird-finding and identification articles for several birding publications and was the content editor for the BirdFellow.com online field guide. Dave is a long-time member of Oregon’s Bird Records Committee (OBRC), to which he was first elected in 1981. In 2003 Dave joined the team of regional editors for North American Birds (NAB) and he served as NAB’s senior editor for the Oregon and Washington region from 2009–2015. He lives in Beaverton, Oregon with his wife Shawneen.
Brian E. Small is a full-time professional bird and nature photographer. For more than 25 years, he has traveled widely across North America to capture images of birds in their native habitats. He served as the photo editor at Birding magazine for 15 years. Small grew up in Los Angeles, graduated from U.C.L.A. in 1982 and still lives there today with his wife Ana, daughter Nicole, and son Tyler.